Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

I'm in love! I'm in love! And I don't care who knows it!

On March 31, 2012 my best friend asked me to marry him! And, of course, I said yes! Well, at first I just nodded and murmured "mmhhmm." as I was half covering my face and mouth.
Mike took me out to dinner after the priesthood session of General Conference. We decided to go to the "Trolley", a local restaurant, and get one of their amazing salads. Its a place that we have been before to have dinner and I love their food, especially the salads. When we arrived we were seated in the same booth that we were in the last time we were there. Whether that was a coincidence or not, I don't know. In any case, we had a good time together having dinner, joking, laughing and just being together on one of my weekends home from school. When it came time for dessert, the waiter asked if we would like any. I looked at Mike and shrugged my shoulders, I didn't really care if we did or not. Mike ordered some of their chocolate cake and then continued to talk to me. I couldn't say what we were talking about when, out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl walking towards us with a plate. I thought that our waiter was just busy so I didn't think much about it. Then there was a plate laid in front of me with a side of ice cream and the words, "Marry me?" written in caramel on the plate... right after that a plate with our cake, with a heart made of whipped cream on it, was laid down next to it.
I just looked at it and in my head I was like "what?! no way?" I just looked at it for a second, muttered, "no." and covered my face with my hands. I was just in shock that it was happening now.
Mike nudged me and said. "Kylie, scoot out of the booth. I've got to get on one knee."
I just stood up and then covered  my face again as he got out of the booth and dropped to one knee. The table behind us in the corner just started freaking out, nudging each other and pointing to us. My hands continued to cover my mouth as Mike said "Kylie, Will you marry me?"
AHHHHH! I just nodded my head "uhhuh!"
"No, you have to say it."
I dropped my hands and looked at him "Yes."



It was all such a blur, because the next second he was hugging me and showing me my wonderful, beautiful ring. During all of the chaos there was a dozen red roses that had been placed on the table. They're beautiful and I just loved them. I wanted to hold them all night. So I did.
 The ring is a little small, but I don't care! I want to show it off to everyone because it is so beautiful and for me it shows just how much I love my wonderful Mike!

Mike and I have decided to be married on June 15th 2012 in the Oquirrh Mountain temple! I cannot wait to marry him and become Kylie Lynae Bolen! What a wonderfully happy thought!

1 comment:

  1. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! Kylie I'm so happy for you!! You guys are so cute together. Cute cute cute! Hahaha congrats :)

    ReplyDelete