Pages

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Dear Rexburg, You are my favorite place EVER!

I love Rexburg Idaho!
BYU-Idaho is my home. I have missed it so much; ever since I left in July I have been planning my trip back there. Last weekend I finally filled up the car and headed on my way to Rexburg! Woohoo!
There is a problem with the roads in Idaho; they are long, boring and because the trucks around you are going so slow it makes it look like you are going really fast. So yes, as you have guessed, I got pulled over. First time ever! AHHH! I looked in my rear view mirror and I think I had a heart attack! There was a cop with his lights on about to come down and kill me. Or at least that is how it felt. I pulled over and was kinda' in shock as he proceeded to give me a ticket. I had always looked at the people who got pulled over and thought, "Dang! That really sucks!" and then I would laugh to myself... oh how I am now eating those words.
After the incident with the cop I was much more cautious and it took me just a little longer to get to Rexburg. But when I got off the freeway and saw the temple on the hill that long drive was worth it! I was so excited and happy that I started to do a little dance in my seat! I couldn't contain myself! AHH!!!! I was totally freaking out!
As soon as I dropped of my friend at her apartment I got to see one of my best friends, Jonah Leavitt! I have known him since... I don't know, forever! or so it feels. We were friends from high school, lived only a few blocks away from each other and we were actually in the same first grade class for two weeks. (That is another story) It was so fun getting to spend time with him and meeting his crazy, but fun roommates.
Friday was a fun day! I had lunch with some wonderful friends and got to go to Lexie's wedding!
Lexie Walker Kerby was my first roommate! I loved sharing a room with her my first semester. We got along wonderfully and had a fun time figuring out the different world of college. One night we stayed up until 1:30 or 2:00 in the morning just chilling in our room, singing to Taylor Swift, cracking jokes and just talking. It wasn't something that happened very often because she had early classes. I remember one night when she came home from a date with Garret. (The guy who is now her little hubby! YAY!) I looked out our bedroom door and she came bounding in and jumped into my arms exclaiming "I love life!" It was so funny and yet very cute! I can't say one bad thing about Lex-a-lou. She is an absolute sweetheart.
I was so excited to see her and my other roommates from my first and second semesters. But especially the ones from first semester! Kayla, Jaymie, Sydnee, Breanna, Lexie and I were roommates first semester and bonded instantly. We were best friends from the word go! We all had a hard time first semester and we leaned on each other on a day-to-day basis. We needed each other to get through all the changes, heartbreaks and growing up.
The reception was beautiful and I couldn't help but tear up when I saw Lexie! She was beautiful in her dress and you could see how much they loved each other. And it was wonderful to see those roommates at the reception, but when we gathered together for a picture I could feel that someone was missing. Jaymie wasn't able to get work off and I was so sad because she wasn't there. I miss that beautiful engaged woman! I guess the next time I see her it will be her wedding! That is exciting!
On Saturday Jonah and I went to get a soda. I got a dr pepper. hmmm... maybe that wasn't the best decision because I hadn't had sugar, soda or caffeine in quite a while, and I don't really do well with any amount of caffeine. We ended up back at his apartment to hang out and yes, I was having a hard time sitting still. So, what do his roommates want to do?! Give me more caffeine, just to see what I'm like. let me tell you, I couldn't sit still for more than a minute and I couldn't stop laughing. But no! It really wasn't funny. Okay, only a little bit. I can't handle that much going through my system! So long story short, I got sick from that monster! Super dizzy and nauseous... yeah. I have learned to NEVER drink that stuff again! Thanks to Jonah's roommates for teaching me that valuable lesson!
Well of course something else inconvenient has to happen. My car decided that it didn't want to work right and I ended up staying an extra night in apt 22. I am sure that all the girls living there thought I was a little psycho... poor them, I get to room with them next semester...
I am so grateful that I got to go visit my home and I cannot wait until I get to return.
Until next time my friends...
Audios!

No comments:

Post a Comment