Pages

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You're Never alone!

Each day brings about new lessons to be learned. whether we want to learn those lessons or not.
Working two jobs in itself can be challenging; scheduling work hours, getting to the correct job on time, and being enthusiastic about what you are doing. But when it feels like your safety is in jeopardy, it is even more difficult.
Closing is never the thing you look forward to with a job. You are tired, patience may be waning and you just want to go home. I have never liked the darkness, and with the front of the store being all glass it makes closing by yourself a nerve-wracking event. So what was I doing the other night? closing the store after what had been a wonderful day. I was in a good mood and was optimistic about getting out quickly.
Right as I was closing up, a man came in and took his good, sweet time. He asked a lot of questions and I had a bad feeling about him. I didn't want to be alone with him and thankfully I wasn't. There were two girls in the store and two outside the store. When the girls inside the store left I made it very obvious that it was time for him to go as well. So he did.
About a half an hour later one of the ladies that was sitting outside knocked on the door. She let me know that the man had been sticking around but had now left. She asked if I would like her and her friend to sit and make sure I got out alright. I told her no. I felt that now that the man had left I would be alright.
I continued to close up and was at the last step of counting the money when I left the kitchen and walked into the main area of the store. I stopped dead in my tracks. Sitting in one of the chairs outside the store was the same guy. He just sat and watched me. I ignored him and got all my stuff and went to the back office to count the money. To be honest I didn't really think about the guy, I was just concentrated on finishing up and going home. I got my stuff and returned to the back office to finish counting the money. I went to open the safe, and it didn't open. I couldn't get it to open no matter how many times I put in the correct combination. I called my co-worker and she agreed to come in to help. I explained about the guy outside so she would be safe when she arrived.
When she did arrive I quickly came and unlocked the door for her. The man started towards the door of the store. I hurried and locked it again, then went to the office. When my co-worker and I went to open the safe, it worked. Her brother called and came we told him about the guy outside. He came over and stayed with us while I finished closing up. When we left he walked us out to our cars then made sure I got out of the parking lot alright.
I had remained numb during this whole thing. I felt the danger in the back of my mind and I was frightened but I knew that I just needed to get stuff done and get out of there. But once I was in my car driving home I began to shake and become frighted. The man had asked so many questions, had watched every move I made, and said some things that weren't in themselves bad, but kinda frightened me. I thought about all that could've happened and I began to sob. I was scared and it was late.
I wasn't even concentrated on the music coming from my i-pod until the song changed. "Never Alone" by Lady Antebellum and Jim Brickman came on. There was one part that stuck out to me. "Well I have to be honest, as much as I want it, I'm not gonna' promise, the cold winds wont blow. So when hard time have found you and your fears surround you, wrap my love around you. You're never alone. Never alone. Never alone. I'll be in every beat of your heart when you face the unknown. Where ever you fly, this isn't goodbye. My love will follow you, stay with you, baby you're never alone"
I thought about that. and I felt a peace and comfort. I thought about all those angels who had been there to protect me. The two girls who stayed in the store to eat so I wasn't alone with the man. The two women outside who had watched over me to protect me. My co-worker who came to my aid when I needed her. and her brother, who had come, even though he didn't need to. I am so grateful for each of them. I also believe that the safe not opening was a blessing. If the safe had opened like it was suppose to, I probably wouldn't have called my co-worker. And I probably would've left without any other protection.The Lord was watching over me. He loves me! The Savior stayed with me in an hour of fear. He watched over and protected me. I am never alone! He will never leave me alone!

No comments:

Post a Comment